Here is a recap of what happened in the search forums today, through the eyes of the Search Engine Roundtable and other search forums on the web.
Search Engine Roundtable Stories:
- Webmasters Fear Linking Out After Google's Warnings
A WebmasterWorld thread has some fears that I see are beginning to worry some publishers and webmasters - the fear of linking to external sources...
- My Places (Stars) On The New Google Maps Mobile
The new Google Maps has been available for users to try out for a while now and there is no doubt it is missing a lot of legacy features from the old Google Maps - but there are also a lot of changes to how to access some features...
- Google Analytics Alerts Of Increase In 404 Pages
Daniel Waisberg, a Google Analytics expert and now a new Googler, posted on the Google Analytics Google+ profile a tip on how to set up custom alerts for increases in 404 page requests. There is nothing worse for the user experience than to land on a 404, page not found...
- Matt Cutts Video Mashup: Highlighting Matt's Moves
A large German based online marketing news site posted on Google+ a new Matt Cutts video mash up named Best of Matt Cutts: "It's party in here...
- Google Stair Case With Search Trends
Paul Goldston from Reload Media was at Google Engage the other day and snapped a picture of the stair case at the event. This stair case was outfitted with search trends scrolling through each stair.
Other Great Search Forum Threads:
- Boost your AdWords account: ROI tips needed, AdWords Community
- External Links We Didn't Place, HighRankings Forums
- How to avoid Google's misunderstanding of unpaid links?, WebmasterWorld
- Journey beyond the road. What are you doing today? How…, Google UK - Google+
- New stupid referer spammer Website Analytics, WebmasterWorld