Here is a recap of what happened in the search forums today, through the eyes of the Search Engine Roundtable and other search forums on the web.
Search Engine Roundtable Stories:
- Google Releases Panda 4.2 & You Didn't Notice
As I announced last night at Search Engine Land, Google has released Panda 4.2 after being without a Google Panda refresh for about 10 months. The most interesting thing about this Panda refresh was that virtually no one noticed. Really, no one...
- Jim Wann Tells Google, That Is Not My Wife
Jim Wann, a composer, lyricist, singer and musician has his own knowledge graph but when he Googled himself, he found out that Google lists that his wife is Cass Morgan, the actress. It is not...
- Google AdWords Mobile Advertising Certification Expands
Google announced on Google+ that they've expanded their AdWords certification for the mobile advertising certification to 17 new languages. Google said "we are excited to announce the launch of our new Mobile Advertising exam in 17 more languages...
- Google's "People Also Ask" Search Feature Going Live?
Back in April we covered a new feature Google was testing named People Also Ask, it basically added queries related to your query, to give you a more diverse set of responses. For some reason, this past week, I've been receiving notifications asking me if I've seen this feature...
- Yahoo Local Bulk Listing Discontinued
A Local Search Forum thread has local SEOs claiming that Yahoo is no longer accepting or offering the local bulk listings services. Instead, these local SEOs are being told to contact LocalWorks...
- Google Music Room
Daniel Waisberg from the Google Analytics team based in London, shared a picture of what appears to be a music / band room at the Google London office. He said he "just found" it and seemed shocked
Other Great Search Forum Threads:
- Adsense stuck again?!, WebmasterWorld
- Invalid Traffic - AdSense for Content Line Item, WebmasterWorld
- Microsoft Advanced Threat Analytics coming next month, WebmasterWorld
- To understand how people use the Internet across the world, check the insights…, Google+ - AdSense