Here is a recap of what happened in the search forums today, through the eyes of the Search Engine Roundtable and other search forums on the web.
Search Engine Roundtable Stories:
- Confused: Did Or Didn't Metafilter & Google Talk About Ranking Issues?
Back on June 12th, I published a story on Search Engine Land on how Google is working on a fix for Metafilter. Back then, I was under the impression that Matt Cutts, Google's head of search spam, was in direct communication with Matt Haughey...
- Google AdWords Editor 10.5
Google has released version 10.5 of the AdWords Editor. 10.5 brings mostly functionality around the shopping campaigns. Specifically product groups, upload and check changes...
- Google AdWords: "Delete" Is Now "Remove"
Google has made a significant language change to the AdWords interface, replacing the "Delete" button and renaming it "Remove." I am not joking. This is being rolled out over the next couple weeks.
- Why Does Google Exclude Jesus Christ From The Knowledge Graph
A Google searcher named Steve posted in the Google Web Search Help forums asking why does Jesus Christ not get a knowledge graph result for the search terms [jesus] or [jesus christ] but other religious figures do...
- Cold Stone Creamery & Kit Kat Get Unofficial Android Figurines
Louis Gray of Google, the one obsessed with Android figurines, got two more to add to his collection. These are not sanctioned ones, in fact, they are hacked versions with the Cold Stone Creamery & K
Other Great Search Forum Threads:
- Education Spotlight: Change your visualization Not every data visualization…, Google+ - Google Analytics
- Introducing the new “Going Multi-Screen” category, Google AdSense Help
- Thirteen new languages for Gmail No matter where you’re from, language…, Google+ - Gmail
- Tip For Better Keyword Bids Optimization, AdWords Community