Here is a recap of what happened in the search forums today, through the eyes of the Search Engine Roundtable and other search forums on the web.
Search Engine Roundtable Stories:
- Google's Gary Illyes: I'm Done Estimating Penguin 4.0 Launch Dates
Yesterday at SMX West in the How Google Works: A Google Ranking Engineer's Story session Gary Illyes of Google was asked about the Penguin 4.0 update...
- Paul Haahr: Position 10 In Google Gets More Clicks Than Positions 8 Or 9
Paul Haahr, one of the senior folks at Google who work on search rankings, said at SMX West yesterday that position 10 gets way more clicks than positions 8 or 9. He explained that no one wants to click to the next page...
- Google My Business Adds Bulk Spreadsheets Photo Uploads
Google announced that you can now update your Google My Business listings photos directly with the spreadsheets upload. Google said you can "add logo, profile...
- Google Is Strongly Embracing AMP Everywhere There Is Content
If you can't tell by all the Google AMP articles we've written here, AMP is a big deal at Google. Dave Besbris, Vice President of Engineering at Google said at SMX West this week that "everywhere we use content...
- Search Google For Animal Sounds
Did you know you can search Google for animal sounds...
- Monica Wright Gets The SMX Hair Style
Monica Wright, the VP of Audience Engagement for Search Engine Land, SMX etc etc couldn't come out to SMX this year because she is beating cancer, but she has been her the whole way on social. She ev
Other Great Search Forum Threads:
- Bing Ads Editor V 10.9.1 Released, With Bing Native Ad Support, WebmasterWorld
- Google Dance 2016: Amazing Event for Webmasters (with lots of pics!), Google+ - Jennifer Slegg
- Google tested 41 different blues for the ten blue links in the Google search results to see which was best via Paul Haahr of Google #smx, Barry Schwartz on Twitter