I am sorry for the delay in posting this, but here is the weekly recap. Google did a possible search update this week, but it seems to have died down a bit. Gary Illyes from Google wisely said he is done trying to estimate Penguin launches. Google’s Juan Flipe Ricon said 65% of all user generated spam reports are acted on by Google. Google’s Search Analytics report was stuck again, now seems to be fixed. Google is working on conversational shopping. Moz showed that Google increased the featured snippets for the day and then dropped it. Google said AMP will be embraced everywhere there is content. Google doesn’t want you to overload its testing tools with too many JS and CSS files. Google is testing a click to dial feature in the organic results. Google has a new elections knowledge graph for candidates issues. Google talks about using HTML sitemaps. Google will only show AMP content in the news carousel. Google My Business added photo uploads via spreadsheets and a quick way to verify listings. Google AdWords Editor is now at version 11.3. Google Image search is testing colored filter buttons. Google’s Paul Haahr said position ten is better than 8 or 9. Bing has a cool solar system map in search and Google does animal sounds in search. That was this past week in search at the Search Engine Roundtable.
For the original iTunes version, click here.
Search Topics of Discussion:
- Google Search Update Sign? Seeing Some Early Signs
- Google's Gary Illyes: I'm Done Estimating Penguin 4.0 Launch Dates
- Google: 65% Of User Generated Spam Reports Are Acted On
- Google Search Console Search Analytics Stuck Again
- Google Working On Conversational Shopping
- Moz Shows Google Featured Snippets Showing Up 17% More Often
- Google Is Strongly Embracing AMP Everywhere There Is Content
- Google Organic Results Showing Phone Number & Phone Icon
- Google Elections On The Issues Quick Answers For Trump, Clinton, Sanders & More
- Google: HTML Sitemaps Can Help But Are They Necessary?
- Google Reserves News Carousel For AMP Pages Only
- Google My Business Adds Bulk Spreadsheets Photo Uploads
- Google Maps Adds Quick Way To Confirm Unverifed Locations
- Google AdWords Editor 11.3 Now Available
- Google Image Search Tests Colored Label Filters
- Paul Haahr: Position 10 In Google Gets More Clicks Than Positions 8 Or 9
- Bing Has A Cool Interactive Solar System Map
- Search Google For Animal Sounds