Here is a recap of what happened in the search forums today, through the eyes of the Search Engine Roundtable and other search forums on the web.
Search Engine Roundtable Stories:
- Tell Google Why You Want More Data In Search Console Analytics #moredataSAN
Yesterday I posted somewhat of a sarcastic post on Google teasing us with more Search Analytics data again...
- What Is The P Google Maps Marker/Icon?
Marc Zwygart posted a screen shot on Google+ of a Google Map embedded in Google Search that has a bunch of markers/icons but one of them is the letter P. I asked a bunch of local SEO experts what the letter P symbolizes and so far...
- Bug: New Google AdSense Publishers Seeing Ads Too Soon
Google posted on the AdSense known issues page a new issue around new AdSense publishers seeing ads on their web sites too soon. The bug was published late last night or early this morning (EST time)...
- Report: 15% Drop In Review Snippets In Google Search Results Yesterday
The Mozcast Features report shows a 14.5% drop in the reviews snippets showing up in Google over the past day compared to the day prior. This is a massive drop compared to the stability is has shown over the past several months...
- Google Adds Android Referrer Tracking For Analytics
Yesterday, Google announced on Google+ that they now support referrer tracking for Android apps. This will give Android app marketers the data on the sources of your app installs...
- Google Adds AMP Webmaster Help Forum
Google has added a section in the Google Webmaster Help forums for AMP (accelerated mobile pages) webmaster related questions. You can access the forum section over here. The section already has 26 topics posted in it and has its very own Google presentative responding to questions...
- Google Moving Boxes For When Googlers Change Departments
My favorite Google News representative, Stacie Chan is no longer with the Google News team. She announced on Twitter she is moving to the Google Search Media Partnerships team, whatever that is. But
Other Great Search Forum Threads:
- Apple's Tim Cook Rejects FBI Order For Security Backdoor Into iPhones, WebmasterWorld
- Enable Better Decisions With Data-Driven Attribution /via +DoubleClick …, Google+ - Google Analytics
- Help us pick the #Google4Doodle winner! Vote for your favorite here:…, Google+ - Google
- Introducing Gmailify: If you use Yahoo! Mail or Hotmail/Outlook.com, you now…, Google+ - Gmail
- @TejsinghNaagar Honestly, I have no idea at the moment :), Zineb Ait on Twitter
- Facebook to Allow Any Publisher to use Instant Articles From April 12, WebmasterWorld