Sorry for the delay in our monthly Google webmaster recap but here it is and there is a lot to summarize.
The ongoing WebmasterWorld thread as always has a beat on what is going on. Lots of chatter asking where is the next Panda update, lots of discussion around ranking fluctuation in the past few days.
As you know, it seems like Google penalized a link network yesterday. Google also went after advertorial links this past month. Of course, Google released the how search works, which has a nice amount of treats for webmasters.
That being said, here are the top stories related to Google and webmasters this past month:
- Google Penalizes Another Link Network: SAPE Links
- Google Dishes Out Widespread Penalties For Advertorials
- Advertorial Spam = 11 Day Google Penalty For Interflora
- SEOs Want Bad Link Reporting In Google Webmaster Tools
- What SEOs Love Most About Google's "How Search Works"
- A Search Engine To Search For Sites Manually Penalized By Google
- Matt Cutts: 301 Redirects Dilute PageRank Equally To Normal Links
- Google's Philosophy On Manually Removing Spam
- Google's Publisher Quality Enforcer On User Generated Content & AdSense
- A Google Penalty Removal Leads To Less Google Traffic?
- Google Appending Brand In Front Of Search Results Title
- How To Leverage Search Queries Data Within Google Webmaster Tools
- More Language Support Comes To Google Data Highlighter
- Google: Don't Let Bad Sites On Your Domain Name
- Types Of Google Webmaster Notifications
- Google Cautions On HTML5 Block-Level Links Usage
- Google Index Status Report Updated Weekly
- Google Removes "Not Selected" Within Google Webmaster Tools Index Status
- Cutts: Google Toolbar PageRank Will Continued To Be Supported
- Matt Cutts Explained Referer Spam
Of course, here is the February 2013 Google webmaster report if you missed it.
Forum discussion at WebmasterWorld.