In this weeks search recap, I cover the past month of Google SEO related topics, in the February Google Webmaster report. Bing spoke up on how important redirecting your canonical URLs are. Google is disapproving AdWords ads for "artificial ad traffic." Google is sending payment notifications to some AdSense publishers. Some publishers got paid double last month. Google may disclose the AdSense revenue split, and yes, most publishers want to know. AdSense has a reporting glitch with Blogger. Google is testing a new Google News home page and they also added a starring feature. Google Images previews now have a flip image feature for some. Finally, it was Groundhog day and only Bing and us had themes, Google, Yahoo and others did not. That was this past week at the Search Engine Roundtable.
For the original iTunes version, click here or to see the YouTube version in higher quality, click play & hit "HD."
Search Topics of Discussion:
- February 2010 Google Webmaster Report
- Some Insight Into How Bing Handles WWW vs Non-WWW Canonical SEO Issues
- Google AdWords Disapproved For "Artificial Ad Traffic"
- Google Sending Emails Notifications to Publishers Regarding Payments
- Google Double Pays Publisher, Apologizes Via Email
- Google May Disclose AdSense Revenue Split, But Publishers Don't Care
- Most AdSense Publishers Want Google To Disclose Revenue Split
- Google AdSense Blogger Reporting Bug
- Google News Tests a New Design
- Blue Pale Stars on Google News Confuses Users?
- Google Images Preview Flip (Slider) Feature
- Groundhog Day: Bing Theme But Nothing From Google, Yahoo, AOL & Others