In this 13 minute video recap, I go quickly through the past two weeks of search news. First, I had a baby girl, so that is why I missed the recap last week. Google made major changes named search options, wonder wheel, timeline, rich snippet markups, search suggestions and news and blog search were updated. Google and Yahoo Japan has a search index update. AdWords shows all queries now. Google tests one line product AdWords ads. Yahoo Search ads test favorite icons. Slow sites do better on AdSense? Google AdSense doesn't work on linux. Google Profile profiles have filters on occasion. Microsoft gets ready to relaunch search. Safka leaves Ask.com. SEO companies are springing up like dandelions. That was this week at the Search Engine Roundtable.
For the original iTunes version, click here or to see the YouTube version in higher quality, click play at hit "HD."
Some Of The Topics Discussed:
- Taking Day Off - I Had a Girl
- Google Wonder Wheel & Search Options Go Live
- Will You Use Google's New "Rich Snippets" Markups?
- Google Launches New Search Suggestions & Drops Counts
- Google News Get Update & Blog Search Gets Improved
- Small Google May 2009 Update?
- Yahoo Search Japan Update: US Update Soon?
- AdWords Advertisers Get More Transparency But Don't Care About It?
- Google Testing One Line Product Links in AdWords
- Yahoo Search Ads Also Testing Favicons
- Earn More AdSense Money By Slowing Down Your Server
- Empty Google AdSense Ads is Linux Bug
- Why Does My Google Profile Not Show For A Google Search?
- Microsoft Getting Ready to Launch New Search Engine - Kumo? Bing? Live? MSN?
- Jim Safka Leaves Ask.com For Personal Reasons
- SEO Companies Springing Up "Like Dandelions"