Here is a recap of what happened in the search forums today, through the eyes of the Search Engine Roundtable and other search forums on the web.
Search Engine Roundtable Stories:
- Color Red in the Google Toolbar PageRank Indicator
A Google Webmasters Help thread asks, what does it mean when the Google Toolbar PageRank indicator is a red color, as opposed to green? Here is a screen capture: So what does that mean? (1) Maybe this image was photoshoped (2) Or maybe there is a plugin that makes the color red, instead of green This is a joke, but it caught my attention and I thought it would be nice to lighten things up
- SEOs & Digg Like Oil & Water?
A Sphinn thread has discussion around the topic of how much Digg might not like SEO sites or blogs. Back when Digg was first getting started, SEOs flocked to it, as a way of driving traffic and ultimately links, to help promote the site in the search engines. In fact, this site was often features on Digg's home page, not because I gamed it or wanted the links, in fact, it often put stress on
- Mobile YouTube Experts: Share Your Skills With Others on Google
If you are a maven at YouTube and videos in the mobile space, you might be interested in a new Google Mobile Help thread. Googler, Robin, said he and Google is looking for mobile YouTube experts to make help videos to be syndicated on the YouTube Help Channel for others to learn from. Robin said: Help others out by making fun, creative, and informative videos that we can add to the YouTube mobile help center
- Yahoo Search Japan Update: US Update Soon?
The Yahoo Search Japan blog announced they are updating their index now. Perhaps this is a sign that Yahoo in the US will update soon as well. I am pretty sure that both indexes are mostly separate for the most part, I am not sure if it works the same way at Google, but I think it does at Yahoo. A WebmasterWorld thread has a single post about the update. One person who tracks Yahoo
Other Great Search Forum Threads:
- Head of Yahoo Labs and Yahoo Search Strategy on 'WOO', WebmasterWorld
- Definitive Guide to Link Identify Nofollow & Juiceless Links, Sphinn
- SEO Blogging Best Practices, Sphinn
- Yahoo Ready For Social Networking Acquisitions, WebmasterWorld
- 85 Reasons Why Website Designers/Developers Keep SEOs in Business, Sphinn
- Google Reader's new bundle service, WebmasterWorld
- Maps for mobile: Upgrade notifications for newest supported version, Google Mobile Help
- We Tweet, AdWords API Forum