In this weeks video recap, I covered the major news that Google's search engine had major quality issues and had to revert back the algorithm changes over the weekend. Part of that, we gave you an update on the current state of the Google search results. We asked if new signs show Google is dropping PageRank from the Toolbar. Google dropped Yahoo, and Microsoft no longer wants it. I spoke with Google's Nick Fox about AdWords. AdWords added trademark symbols to their keyword tool. Google is moving to new help forums. Ask.com brough Jeeves back, as a joke. But their algorithm is down the toilet. Most SEOs should get marketing or programming degrees. Should have Schmidt backed Obama publicly? 55% of us said no. Hope you voted on Election Day. We will be at PubCon in Las Vegas this week, hope to see you there!
Make sure to subscribe to our video feed or subscribe directly on iTunes to be notified of these updates and download the video in the background. Here is the YouTube version of the feed (note: If YouTube shows a video not found message, just refresh the page and play it again, it is a YouTube bug):
For the original iTunes version, click here
Some Of The Topics Discussed:
- Google Search Update Blows Up, Google Reverting Back Now
- Webmasters Report November 2008 Google SERP Changes
- Google Slowly Dropping PageRank From The Toolbar?
- Google and Yahoo Break Up, End Their Advertising Agreement
- Google Tested Ads In Higher Spots To Adjust CTR For Ad Position
- Google AdWords Keyword Tool Now Clearly Showing Trademarked Keywords
- Google's AdWords Forum Moves: We Are Tracking Them
- Google Groups Search Expanded To More Forums
- Some Good News For Ask.com: Jeeves Makes Come Back
- Is Ask.com's Web Search Technology Falling Apart?
- Poll: SEOs Should Get Degrees in Marketing & Programming
- '08 Election Day Logos From Google, Live.com, Ask.com, DogPile & Us
- Poll: 55% Said Schmidt Should Not Have Endorsed Barack Obama
- Google, The Unbiased Company, Has CEO Backing Obama
- PubCon 2008: We'll Be There, and Here's Our Schedule