Daily Search Forum Recap: April 18, 2008

Apr 18, 2008 - 3:55 pm 3 by

Here is a recap of what happened in the search forums today, through the eyes of the Search Engine Roundtable and other search forums on the web.

Search Engine Roundtable Stories:

  • Video Recap of Weekly Search Buzz :: April 18, 2008
    In this week's edition of the video search buzz, I talked about the Yahoo, Google and Live Search tax day updates. I also talked about the new Yahoo slap and a new AdWords slap. Google's bot is now crawling forms and Yahoo releases Slurp 3.0. Plus many more topics - make sure to watch to win search related schwag! To win, watch the video and comment at this post below with the correct answer. Make
  • Weekly Search Buzz Roundup - April 18, 2008: Tax Day, Search Engine Updates, The Yahoo Slap
    While you're all reading this, I'm in sunny (rainy?) Puerto Rico preparing for the Passover holiday. This means that you'll see a little less of Barry and me over the upcoming days, at least until the holiday ends. As for me, this isn't much of a vacation since I'm blogging, and why would I want to keep you away from search news? That would be unfair, wouldn't it? By the way, we're still looking for
  • Google Pays AdSense Publishers Larger Share Overall
    Whenever Google announces earnings, we have a thread at WebmasterWorld that summarizes how much share Google is taking from the earnings AdSense publishers make. So if you click on an AdSense ad on my personal blog, how much of that cost-per-click am I get and how much is Google getting. Based on the earnings report, Google is taking 21% and the remaining 79% is going to me. Now, I doubt this is an exact number,
  • Yahoo Jacks Up Advertisers Minimum By 2-4X Overnight
    Yahoo's new minimum bids are now official live, and several advertisers have posted their new minimum bid increases at both WebmasterWorld and Search Engine Watch Forums. Each advertiser who noticed a change in their minimum bid said they noticed an increase by two to four times of their original minimum bid price. Here is a quote from the thread: yahoo just raised my minimum bids by 3 -4 times on many keywords.. they must be
  • Yahoo Ad Test on Google Continues
    Yesterday I reported that Google stopped running the Yahoo ads test that they started a week earlier and then asked why. I asked why would they stop the test early? Well, the answer is that they did not. The individual we are tracking to see if the Google ads are live or not on Yahoo, saw that they went down. But now he is reported at Search Engine Watch Forums that the ads are currently
  • Google Webmaster Tools Delists All Verified Sites?
    There seems to be a major bug in Google Webmaster Tools where Google is telling virtually all webmasters that their sites are not indexed in Google. For example, I am personally getting the following message for all my sites: Yes, that reads: No pages from your site are currently included in Google's index. Indexing can take time. You may find it helpful to review our information for webmasters and webmaster guidelines. Hmm, but this site
  • Google (GOOG) Stock Surges Overnight After Awesome Q1 Announcement
    Can Google disappoint? I am personally don't get it, but I did help cover the announcement last night at Search Engine Land with Google Beats Forecasts With 30% Increase In Profit. The news is still dominating Techmeme, here is the overview: Google's reported revenues of $5.19 billion for the quarter ended March 31, 2008 and a net income of $1.31 billion. Previous quarter revenues was $4.83 billion in Q4 and $3.66 billion in Q1 2007.

Other Great Search Forum Threads:


Popular Categories

The Pulse of the search community


Search Video Recaps

Google Core Update Volatility, Helpful Content Update Gone, Dangerous Search Results & Ads Confusion - YouTube
Video Details More Videos Subscribe to Videos

Most Recent Articles

Search Forum Recap

Daily Search Forum Recap: April 12, 2024

Apr 12, 2024 - 4:00 pm
Search Video Recaps

Search News Buzz Video Recap: Google Core Update Volatility, Helpful Content Update Gone, Dangerous Google Search Results & Google Ads Confusion

Apr 12, 2024 - 8:01 am
Google Search Engine Optimization

Google: Indexing & Algorithm Updates Are Independent

Apr 12, 2024 - 7:51 am
Google Search Engine Optimization

Google Structured Data Carousels Beta Docs Clarifies Feature Availability & Markup Location

Apr 12, 2024 - 7:41 am

Google: Ranking In Shopping, Images & Other Verticals Doesn't Hurt Your Web Rankings

Apr 12, 2024 - 7:31 am

Google Knowledge Panels - Mentioned People

Apr 12, 2024 - 7:21 am
Previous Story: Video Recap of Weekly Search Buzz :: April 18, 2008