The seventh edition of the Search Pulse has now been archived. This show was jammed packed with coverage from the past three weeks. We introduced the show with a look at how the industry including Google, Yahoo!, Microsoft, Ask.com and SEMs commemorated Halloween. I gave some insight from my stay at Yahoo! two weeks ago where I was shown first hand the new Panama ad system. We discussed the Did-It SEO versus PPC controversy. We also discussed dozens of other topics. The topics we covered are listed below, in order of priority (based on search community buzz). You can download the MP3 file here and listen at your convenience.
Topics we covered:
- Google, Yahoo, Ask.com & Dogpile's Halloween 2006 Logos
- Rob Kerry - evilgreenmonkey - New Guest Author
- Yahoo! Announced Panama Launch : See My Notes About Panama Directly From Yahoo! Search Marketing's Headqaurters
- How To Request an Invite to the New Yahoo! Panama Search Marketing?
- Upgrading Yahoo! Search Marketing to Panama
- Did-It Knocks SEO - SEMs Respond
- Yahoo! To Add No Yahoo Directory Tag
- Who Are You Linking To: MSN's LinkFromDomain Operator
- Ask Mobile Search
- Ask.com Advertises on Google.com To Promote Search Quality of Engine
- Ask.com Responds To Google's "Google It" Request
- Eric Schmidt's "Truth Predictor" Theory - A Horror Story for Politicians?
- Dynamic URLs? Google Is Officially 'OK' With Them
- Drop 30 Points in Google? Meet The "Minus Thirty" Penalty?
- How Long Does It Take Google To Find Great Links?
- Time Line To Get Reincluded in Google With Reinclusion Request
- Jennifer Convertibles Web Site Back in Google
- Should Search Engines "Hold Users' Hands?"
Lightening round topics;
- Google Adds Features to Webmaster Tools Section
- Google Website Optimizer for AdWords Advertisers
- Google Site Command Becoming More Accurate?
- Old Google News Alerts Subscribers Getting Unwanted New Blog Search Alerts
- Links Within NOSCRIPT Tag Do Not Pass PageRank in Google?
- Yahoo! Upgrades Toolbar & Bookmarks
- Yahoo! TV Commercials
- Internet Explorer 7 (IE7) by Microsoft: The Search Side
- A Look at The October '06 Yahoo! Update
- Yahoo! Search Update 10/22?
- Huge Drop in MSN Traffic "Certainly" Blacklist Spam
- Microsoft's Live Search Being Gamed Still
- Google Adds Magnifying Glass Feature to Diagnostic Tool in AdWords Keywords Tab
- Google Open Orkut Up To Everyone - Oh No!
- Still Want To Drop That Link Into Wikipedia?
- GoogleGuy Goes Without a Post for Two Months
- Google Tells Advertisers to Try Yahoo! Search Marketing
- Apple Tries Google's Click To Call
- Forums Buzz on GooTube - Google Buying YouTube for $1.65B
- Yahoo! Publisher Network Not to Launch in India Soon
- Defamatory Message Board Post Costs One Individual $11.3M in Lawsuit
- Watch Images Fly Around on Google Image Search
- Getting Hacked a New Link Building / Bait Idea?
- Pictures of the Google Car & Google Jet
- Firefox 2.0 Is Not Supported By Google AdSense Referrals
- Click Fraud Causing PPC Armageddon?
- Google Docs & Spreadsheets: Give Us AdWords & AdSense Integration
The topic list is in order of how I wanted the conversation to go. I felt that these were the most talked about and discussed topics in the search community.
I wanted to again thank Ben and Chris for co-hosting the show with me. We will be live next week, with this weeks search news and debates on Tuesday 5pm (EST).
Past Shows: - October 10, 2006: Sixth Edition of Search Pulse Live: Tim Mayer on NOODP Tag, GooTube, Google News Porn, SEO, PageRank, Pinging, Code Search, SearchMash, Yahoo Panama UK, Mobile AdSense & More - October 4, 2006: Fifth Edition of Search Pulse Live: Google Maps Bug, PageRank Update, 8th BDay, Links, Matt Cutts, Daniel Read, Ask.com, adCenter, Apax, & More - September 26, 2006: Fourth Edition of Search Pulse Live: Google.com Rankings Anywhere, Live.com Fixed, Canada Not Welcome, Danny's B-Day, Yahoo! Ad Growth, Google Product Search Changes & More - September 19, 2006: Third Edition of Search Pulse Live: Live.com, AdWords Test, Intuit & Google, Yahoo! Ads, Supplementals, Belgian Cache, OneBox Spam, Adam Lasnik on Links - September 12, 2006: Second Edition of Search Pulse Live: Google News Archive, Sitelinks, AdWords Preview, Sullivan PubCon, ChaCha & More... - September 6, 2006: First Edition of Search Pulse Live: Sullivan Leaves SEW, AdSense Lawsuit, Yahoo Blog Search, Keywords in URLs, New URLs, Navigational Search, Google Apps & More