Here is our monthly recap of the changes made to Google that impact webmasters and SEO. Before we give the recap, I wanted to pull out of the WebmasterWorld thread the three things webmasters are talking about right now in terms of Google's search results changes. They include:
- Long Tail Sites Seeing Huge Fluctuations In Google Traffic
- E-Commerce Sites Not Ranking As Well
- Google's Localization Changed (Google Venice)
Here are the stories that I pulled out over the past month which are important and related to Google SEO topics:
- Google Panda 3.4 Rollout
- Cutts: Google To Target Overly SEO'ed Sites Within Weeks
- Google Penalizes Blog Networks, Did SEOs Use It To Hurt Competitors?
- Updated: New Panda Refresh? Google Update Happening...
- Google Webmaster Tools Notifying Of Traffic Drops
- Panda Notifications Being Sent Via Google Webmasters Tools? Not Yet
- New Google Webmaster Tools Crawl Errors Confuses
- Google Rolling Out SSL Default Worldwide
- Google Offers Free Hosts Advice On Being Penalty Free
- Using The API To Get More Google Webmaster Tools Crawl Error Data
- Search, Images, Maps & Now Google Play
- Google Retired Geo Sitemap Support
- Google: New Top Level Domains (TLD) Will Not Help Rankings
- Not Provided To Spike When Firefox Adds Google SSL As Default
- Google: Want More Organic Traffic? Buy Search Ads
- Google's Amit Singhal: Freebase Entities Grows From 12M To 200M
- Google: When Search Results Suck, It's Because We're Stupid
- Google On Pace To Hit Over 4 Million Messages To Webmasters This Year
- Video: SEO Pagination By Google
- 450 Videos & 7 Million Views On Google Webmaster YouTube Channel
- Video Of Inside A Search Quality Meeting
Last month's recap can be found here.
Forum discussion at WebmasterWorld.