This week I talked about how Google promised to not do any major Panda updates until after the holiday season. Google introduced a new crawler, named Googlebot-Mobile for Smartphones. They also enabled something called "skip redirect" for smartphone optimized content. Google Webmaster Tools added author stats under labs. Google started hiding the +1 button in the search results. Google is testing hotel comparison ads. Google is migrating AdWords users to optimize for conversions. Google released their Zeitgeist. I posted the funniest SEO threads of 2011. Google thinks poorly of English people. Google honors Robert Noyce with the microchip Google logo. That was this past week at the Search Engine Roundtable.
For the original iTunes version, click here.
Search Topics of Discussion:
- Official: Holiday Break For Google Panda Updates
- Googlebot Mobile For Smart Phones With Skip Redirect
- Google Author Stats in Webmaster Tools
- Google Hides/Shows +1 Button In Search Results
- Google's Hotel Comparison Ads Now Live
- Google Migrating AdWords Users To "Optimize For Conversions"
- Google's Fastest Rising & Falling Searches For 2011
- Funniest SEO Threads Of 2011
- What Google Thinks Of An English Person
- Google Robert Noyce Chip Logo