The Google Webmaster Forum Top Contributors started a thread at Google Webmaster Help trying to compile the "funniest" threads of 2011 in that forum.
They came up with three, so I thought it would be fun to look back at the funniest SEO threads I found this year and share them with you. First, the three the Top Contributors came up with.
Top Contributor's Selected Funniest Threads of 2011:
- How am I supposed to deal with abusive "Webmaster Bionics"? - I believe the title is self explanatory. In short, someone ranting how the top contributors, also known as bionic posters are abusive.
- A MILLION DOLLAR DOMAIN NAME!!! GOOGLEBRAND.COM - someone setting themselves up with a Google lawsuit and not even knowing it.
- How come a site that made me 1.7 million loses 20% of traffic in panda update? - one of the many Panda stories.
My Funniest 2011 Picks:
- Scraper Site Software Site Complains Site Not Listed In Google, Seriously! - a site named scrappingexpert.com was actually upset they were not listed in Google.
- Dad, Stop Spamming Google - It's Embarrassing! - a kid embarrassed by his dad's spamming tactics, calling him out in a Google forum thread.
- Google Smacks Down Webmaster Over Panda Update - maybe more sad then funny - but it is funny/sad.
- SEO Company Badmouthed In Google Forum But What Happens Next Is Strange - not a good way to get your site listed again.
- Don't Force Google's Hand, Especially If You're Sketchy - lessons learned.
Did I miss any? Let me know.
Forum discussion at Google Webmaster Help.
Image credit to ShutterStock for funny horse.