I start off this recap by apologizing for my horrible voice, I do sound worse than I feel. Google updated the toolbar PageRank values, first time in 10 months. Bing seems to have updated their search results earlier this week. I published my monthly Google SEO/webmaster recap. Google is now showing app content with links to those apps in their mobile search results. Google added smartphone specific crawl errors to webmaster tools. Google gave advice on potential doorway pages for localized content. Google’s Matt Cutts said don’t do content stitching. Google’s John Mueller explained that while Google’s algorithms don’t stand still, you shouldn’t either. Google Trends gets a heck of a lot smarter. Google added car data to the Knowledge Graph. Google slipped up and showed off their yellow ad label early in Google+. Google AdWords added an undo feature. Google now has the Festivus pole. Google had logos for Carlos Juan Finlay and Maria Callas. Finally, this is the 10th year I have been writing about search - 10 years! That was this past week in search at the Search Engine Roundtable.
For the original iTunes version, click here.
Search Topics of Discussion:
- Google Shocks Webmasters By Updating Toolbar PageRank Before Year End
- Bing Search Updating?
- December 2013 Google Webmaster Report
- Google Now Searches Within Android App Content
- Smartphone Crawl Errors Added To Google Webmaster Tools
- Google: ccTLD & Wildcard Subdomain Strategies Won't Give You An "Unnatural Advantage"
- Google's Matt Cutts: We Don't Like Content Stitching
- Google: Our Algorithms Don't Stand Still, Neither Should You
- Google Trends Now Understands Topics, Entities & More
- Sorry Edmunds & Yahoo Autos: Google Added Cars To Knowledge Graph
- Google Slips Up & Shows New AdWords Ad Format On Google+
- Google AdWords Adds An Undo Feature
- Google Festivus & Get The Festivus Pole
- Carlos Juan Finlay's 180th Birthday Google Doodle
- Maria Callas Google 90th Birthday Doodle
- 10 Years Covering The Search Industry