Busy week, I was in Las Vegas for most of it at PubCon. Google launched the disavow link tool during the lunch with Matt Cutts session, I live blogged that. Google's minus 950 penalty seems to be back. An ex-Googler was interviewed by an SEO and revealed some things that I honestly do not believe. Google will always have spam to fight, says Matt Cutts. Google Sitelinks are time based. YouTube updates search algorithm to include time watched. Gmail in Google web search is now available to more users. Marisssa Mayer may be testing a new Yahoo home page, without the Yahoo purple logo. Google's stock, GOOG, dived on a leaked earnings release and drop in profits - webmasters blame Penguin and Panda. Jim Boykin's Internet Marketing Ninjas acquired Brett Tabke's WebmasterWorld, that is big news in the industry. Google had two logos this week, one for Moby Dick and the other for Little Nemo. That was this past week in search at the Search Engine Roundtable.
For the original iTunes version, click here.
Search Topics of Discussion:
- Google's Disavow Link Tool: Their Best Spam Reporting Tool Yet
- Live: Lunch With Matt Cutts
- The Google -950 Penalty Is Back?
- Ex-Googler: No More Than Two Commercial Keywords & More
- Google Will Never Be Spam Free
- Google Sitelinks Are Time Dynamic
- Time Watched Now A YouTube Search Ranking Factor
- More Gmail Users Can Have Emails Show In Google
- Marissa Mayer Cleans Up Home Page & Drops Purple Logo?
- GOOG Stock & Profits Drop: Webmasters: Panda & Penguin Related?
- Jim Boykin Buys WebmasterWorld
- Google's Moby Dick Logo Sports Knowledge Graph Results
- Google Logo For 107th Birthday Of Winsor McCay's Little Nemo