The big search news this week was that Yahoo abruptly fired their 3 year old CEO, Carol Bartz. I released our monthly Google Webmaster report. Google's subdomain change in Google Webmaster Tools does not impact rankings. Bing renewed their deal with Twitter. Bing finds social factors to be more important than link factors. Google fixed the webmaster tools reporting delay. Google AdWords shares their new ad sitelinks forms. Google tests hiding the vertical search icons on the left bar. Google will speed up their DMCA process. Google buys Zagat. Google sends top contributors to California for a meet up. We had a funny "duh" SEO moment. Finally, it was Labor Day and Freddie Mercury's logo on Google and others. That was this past week at the Search Engine Roundtable.
For the original iTunes version, click here.
Search Topics of Discussion:
- Yahoo Fires Yet Another CEO, Sorry Bartz
- September 2011 Google Webmaster Report
- Google: Subdomain Change Not For Algorithms or Rankings
- Bing Renews Deal With Twitter Over Twitter
- Bing: Social Factors More Important Than Linking Factors
- Google Webmaster Tools To Fix Reporting Delays
- Google Increases AdWords Sitelinks Options
- Google Tests Hiding Search Icons From Left Menu
- Google Faster DMCA Request Take Downs & Autocomplete Piracy
- Google Buys Zagat For Local Reviews & More
- Google Says Thank You To Top Forum Posters By Holding A Summit
- Duh! Removing My Site From Google Wasn't a Good Idea!
- Labor Day & Freddie Mercury (Queen) Logo On Google