Sorry for missing last week, but I am now back in action. Google released the full international release of Panda for most languages last Friday. We have pictures of Google testing infinite scroll in the web results. Google is also testing scrolling panes and columns in the search results. Google Images are now more relevant and better at sourcing original image. Bing added Yahoo data to Webmaster Tools so your numbers may appear higher. Google + results are in the web search results. Google Sitelinks are huge. Google changed sitelink management in webmaster tools. Google fixed a link report bug. We have several stories on documenting Google's update history. Google News dropped their news archive page. Google Analytics updated how they handle sessions but it caused a bug for a while. We covered SES San Francisco, Ben and Shanon did an outstanding job on the 25 sessions. Google had an I Love Lucy logo and a Pierre de Fermat doodle. That was the past two weeks in search news at the Search Engine Roundtable.
For the original iTunes version, click here.
Search Topics of Discussion:
- Official: Google Panda 2.4 Rolls Out to Most Languages
- Pic & Video: Google's New Infinite Scroll In Web Search Results
- Google Scrolling Panes Design Test
- Confirmed: Google Images Better at Sourcing Original
- See A Spike In Bing Traffic Within Webmaster Tools? Here Is Why.
- Google + In Google Search Results
- Google Sitelinks Keep Getting Bigger: Good or Bad?
- Google Webmaster Tools Sitelinks Change Confuses Or Clarifies?
- Google Webmaster Tools Link Report Bug Fixed
- Google Update History Documented
- Infographic: Google's War On Spam (or Updates)
- Google News Archive Search Home Page Gone
- Google Analytics Traffic Change? Here Is Why.
- Google Analytics Session Bug Fixed
- Recapping SES San Francisco 2011
- My Mom's Favorite Show, A Google Doodle: I Love Lucy
- Pierre de Fermat's 410th Birthday Celebrated With Google Math Logo