This week we heard rumors of a Google Panda 2.2 update, which in fact is not live yet but should be coming soon. We updated you all with our monthly Google webmaster report. Bing added features to their Webmaster Tools. Google recommends using a single URL with no redirects for smart phone templates. Google is adding search engine optimization reports to Google Analytics. Google added an authorship rich snippet tag. Google now shows more images on Google web search. Google also launched a prayer times rich snippet, I go through some of the issues with it. SEOmoz released their 2011 search ranking factors study. Danny posted a SEO Periodic Table, it is very cool. Google replaced the "i" with Ad Choices in the AdSense ads. Google dropped many of their vertical search engines, like Uncle Sam search. I posted several polls this week. Google had a Richard Scarry doodle and a Les Paul interactive guitar logo that is live for the second day in a row. That was this past week at the Search Engine Roundtable.
Make sure to subscribe to our video feed or subscribe directly on iTunes to be notified of these updates and download the video in the background. You can also watch this live and ask questions during the show, typically Friday mornings around 9:30 (EST) at seroundtable.com/live, follow @rustybrick to be notified when we air. Here is the YouTube version of the feed:
For the original iTunes version, click here.
Search Topics of Discussion:
- Matt Cutts On Google Panda 2.2 Update
- Google Panda 2.2 Update Underway?
- June 2011 Google Webmaster Report
- Bing Webmaster Tools: Crawl Controls, Index Explorer Expanded & User Management
- Google: Use Single URL Without Redirect For Serving Smart Phone Content
- Search Query Reports Directly In Google Analytics
- Authorship Rich Snippets Come To Google
- Google Web Search Results May Add More Pictures
- Google's Prayer Times Rich Snippet Markup
- 2011 Search Ranking Factors Released By SEOmoz
- SEO Ranking Factors As A Periodic Table
- Ad Choices Now On Google AdSense Ads
- Google Kills Uncle Sam Search Portal
- Many Feel Google & Bing Should Offer Spam Report Incentives
- Three Years Later, SEOs Still Won't Rat Each Other Out
- 44% Say Social Search Signals Don't Improve Search Results
- 73% Say Personalized Search Results Is Censorship
- 85% Say They Have Zero Recovery From Google's Panda Update
- Richard Scarry Google Doodle
- Les Paul's 96th Birthday: Google Guitar
- Google Wasting Electricity With Les Paul Logo?