Very busy week at Google, mostly because of I/O but a lot of other things going on - it didn't help that I was offline for two days. We first discuss the ten changes coming to Google related to SEO, including softening Panda, an authority boost and the next generation Penguin update. That next generation penguin update is expected to be significantly larger than the first Penguin update. Google targeted another link network, many webmasters complained, but I am not sure which network it was. Google added organization schema support, but this only works in the knowledge graph. Bing now does auto suggestions for people names. Google discontinued SMS search. Google also dropped the translated foreign pages feature, for now. Want access to the new Google Maps, we have instructions on signing up. Google Maps now lets you move your reviews from one listing to another. We released four polls this week including 35% said they will block Google Images, 47% said they don't proactively uses the disavow link tool, 57% said they don't fear the disavow tool and only 9% claim they recovered from Google's Penguin update. The latest Google Easter Egg is an image search for atari breakout. Finally, we have all the Mother's Day logos from the search industry. That was this past week at the Search Engine Roundtable.
For the original iTunes version, click here.
Search Topics of Discussion:
- Matt Cutts On 10 New SEO Changes At Google In Next Few Months
- Google's Major Penguin Update Coming In Weeks. It Will Be Big!
- Your Rankings Drop Around May 15th? May Be Due To Link Networks Google Busted
- Google Adds Organization Schema Markup For Knowledge Graph Logos
- People Come To Bing's Auto Suggest
- Google SMS Search Discontinued Without Warning
- Google Drops The "Translated Foreign Pages" Search Filter
- Gaining Access To The New Google Maps
- Google Maps Will Allow You To Move Reviews To A Different Listing
- 35% Will Block Google Images In Protest Of Change
- 47% Won't Proactively Disavow Links In Google
- One Year Later, Only 9% Claim Google Penguin Recovery
- 57% Don't Fear Google's Disavow Link Tool
- Atari Breakout: Google Image Search Easter Egg
- Happy Mother's Day Logos From Google & The Search Industry