This week in search, Google confirmed that a user interface change for Google Images may make it feel that you lost Google traffic in Germany and France. Google’s February 7th update is probably phantom related. Black hats are arguing if PBNs still have value. Google has officially rolled out a new green outlined AdWords ad label, they say it doesn’t confuse users. Google has announced they are discontinuing Google Site Search. Google and Bing agree to demote piracy in the UK results, but Google isn’t doing any new algorithms for it. Google warned not to use contests for link building. Google said don’t use guest blogging either for link building. Google said Natural News was not removed over fake news or being pro-Trump. Google said you should stop using URL fragments. Google Local pack now shows your location from X minutes ago. Google My Business updated their guidelines for virtual offices. Google Account bug broke sign ins and Google Wifi devices. Maile Ohye has announced she left Google, which is sad. That was this past week in search at the Search Engine Roundtable.
For the original iTunes version, click here.
Search Topics of Discussion:
- Confirmed: Google Image Search Update Impacts Traffic Data
- February 7th May Have Been A Google Phantom Update
- Black Hat Forums Argue About Value Of PBNs
- Confirmed: Google AdWords Rolling Out New Green Outlined Ad Label
- Google: New Ad Label Doesn't Confuse Searchers
- Google To Discontinue Google Site Search
- Google & Bing To Step Up Demoting Piracy From UK Search Results
- Google Warns About Using Contests For Links
- Google: Don't Guest Blog For Links, Use Your Own Site
- No, Google Didn't Remove NaturalNews.com Because Of Fake News
- Google: Stop Using URL Fragments
- Google Local Pack Shows: "Near You X Minutes Ago"
- Google My Business Guidelines Updated For Service-Area & Virtual Offices
- Google Account Bug Breaks Sign Ins, Google Wifi & Other Services
- Maile Ohye Leaves Google After ~12 Years