This week at the Search Engine Roundtable we cover a nice number of search topics. There was an algorithm refresh for the page layout update on February 6th. Google might have done another update on February 11th or so, might have been Panda. Google updated their webmaster guidelines telling us not to block Google ads. Google Webmaster Tools search query reports are being fixed. Google is showing a new answer for restaurant menus. Google had two technical SEO blog posts, one on faceted navigation and the other on infinite scroll. Google said bad grammar in comments won’t hurt your rankings. We spotted this interesting debug details about Google’s search results. Matt Cutts posts a video on what it is like to be a spam fighter. And today is Valentine’s Day and we got the logo recap for you. That was this past week in search at the Search Engine Roundtable.
For the original iTunes version, click here.
Search Topics of Discussion:
- Google's Page Layout Algorithm Updated For Third Time
- Google February Update: Possibly A Google Panda Refresh?
- Google Webmaster Guidelines Adds Not To Block Google Ads With Robots.txt
- Google Webmaster Tools Search Queries Impression Data Drop?
- Google: Reporting Catching Up In Google Webmaster Tools
- Google Restaurant Menu Knowledge Graph Box
- Google On Faceted Navigation: Block A Lot Of It
- Google's Advice On Infinite Crawl Pages & SEO
- Google's Matt Cutts: Bad Grammar In Comments Doesn't Hurt Your Rankings
- Debug Results For Google's Search Results
- The Typical Day Of A Google Spam Fighter
- Valentine's Day From The Search Industry 2014 Edition