Busy week in search, where Microsoft’s new CEO is Satya Nadella, a name most in search know, since he lead up Microsoft Search. Google has a new manual action for rich snippet spam named spammy structured markup. Google slapped a German agency and their clients for their link network and link schemes and promised more is to come. I posted the monthly Google webmaster recap this week. Google and the European Union settle on rival links, what they may look like might shock you. Google now shows playable videos for short music queries. Google Places expanded their international categories. Google might delist you places listings if you do not act. Facebook turned 10 and there was no Google Doodle. Yahoo might make a full come back in search. Google has a special logo for the Olympics, citing the Olympic Charter for gay rights against Russia. I posted our SMX Israel recap this week. That was this past week in search at the Search Engine Roundtable.
For the original iTunes version, click here.
Search Topics of Discussion:
- Microsoft's New CEO Is A Search Guy, Satya Nadella
- Google Sends Manual Actions For Rich Snippet Spam & Spammy Structured Markup
- Google To Bring It On German Link Spammers
- Google Boots Large German Agency & Clients For Link Schemes
- February 2014 Google Webmaster Report
- Google & EU Settle Antitrust Claims Over Competitor Links
- Playable YouTube Videos Directly In Google's Search Results
- Google Places Business Adds 1,000 Categories Internationally
- Google Giving Some Business Owners 3 Weeks To Save Their Google Place Listing
- Facebook Turns 10, Why No Google Doodle?
- Can Yahoo Make A Come Back Into Search?
- Google Sochi Olympics Logo For Olympic Charter & Gay Rights
- SMX Israel 2014 Recap: Our Best Show Yet