Last night, the spam czar of Google, Matt Cutts tweeted the expected, that they penalized a German link network.
This time, Cutts did not call out which network, instead he said Google went after a Germany agency and their clients over their link network. Which agency? Again, he did not specifically say - which is pretty common.
There are obviously rumors which agency Google targeted but I don't want to speculate without stronger evidence.
Here is Matt's tweet from late last night:
This week we took action on a German agency's link network/clients. More to come in Germany.— Matt Cutts (@mattcutts) February 7, 2014
Now, Matt said that this Germany agency and their clients is not the end of it. Matt added to his tweet last night that there is "more to come in Germany."
Here are some recent link networks taken down by Google:
- Google's Matt Cutts: We're Taking Action Against Buzzea, The French Link Network
- Google's Matt Cutts Calls Out Nailing Another Link Network
- Google Penalizes Another Link Network: SAPE Links
- Google Crushes Ghost Rank 2.0, A Russian Link Network
- Backlinks.com: The Next Link Network Penalized By Google
- Google's Matt Cutts: Text Link Ads Link Sellers Targeted
- Google Penalizes Blog Networks, Did SEOs Use It To Hurt Competitors?
- Beware: Google To Squash Another Link Network Very Soon