I am doing this video recap from Israel, sorry if it is not as detailed or pretty as from my normal setting. This week, Matt Cutts of Google denounced guest blogging for SEO purposes. Expedia is said to have dropped in the Google search results because of a potential penalty. One asks if it was negative SEO, but I doubt it. Yahoo Search is now defaulting all searches to SSL. Google’s crawl error reports now show errors on the final redirect URL. Google said they don’t do special indexing for Facebook or Twitter. Google is updating their smartphone user agent. Google has a new type of knowledge graph snippet feature. Google has dropped some search filters and the search tools are now dynamic. Google AdWords launched their new console design. Google AdSense launched AdSense Direct to allow publishers to sell direct ads. Google AdSense is testing a new arrow type design. That was this past week in search from Israel, pre-SMX Israel, at the Search Engine Roundtable.
For the original iTunes version, click here.
Search Topics of Discussion:
- Google's Matt Cutts: Guest Blogging For Links Or SEO Is Over & Dead
- Guest Bloggers Ask About Disavowing Links In Their Posts
- Was Expedia Penalized By Google? SearchMetrics Says So.
- Was Expedia Targeted By Negative SEO?
- Yahoo Search Goes SSL: Not Provided
- Google Webmaster Tools Now Reports Crawl Errors On The Final Redirect URL
- Google: No Special Indexing For Facebook Or Twitter Because They Can Block Us But...
- Google Updated Googlebot-Mobile User-Agent Name
- Google's New Knowledge Graph Snippet Overlay
- Google Drops Discussions Search Filter & Others
- Google AdWords New Design Live
- Google AdSense Direct - Google Takes 15% Of Your Direct Ad Sales
- New Google AdSense Arrows: Square Backgrounds With Thin Arrow