Here is a recap of what happened in the search forums today, through the eyes of the Search Engine Roundtable and other search forums on the web.
Search Engine Roundtable Stories:
- Video Recap of Weekly Search Buzz :: January 24, 2014
I am doing this video recap from Israel, sorry if it is not as detailed or pretty as from my normal setting. This week, Matt Cutts of Google denounced guest blogging for SEO...
- Was Expedia Targeted By Negative SEO?
Earlier this week, Expedia saw a 25% decline in search visibility by Google. Both Google and Expedia gave a no comment on what was going on...
- Bing Ad On Google AdWords For Car Insurance. Why?
Matt Burgess posted a picture on Twitter of an ad he spotted on his iPhone when searching Google for [car insurance]. It was an ad from...
- Google Updated Googlebot-Mobile User-Agent Name
Google announced that they are updating the name for the Googlebot-Mobile user-agent and that if you do any special directives for that user-agent, you should be...
- Guest Bloggers Ask About Disavowing Links In Their Posts
Earlier this week, Matt Cutts of Google, stuck a fork in guest blogging for links or SEO purposes. Now we have guest bloggers asking...
- Print Your Instagram Selfies
Chris Messina, a former Googler, although he may be a Google advocate now in the open source realm, posted a picture of a photo store with a sign outside that reads "Print your instagram selfies here.
Other Great Search Forum Threads:
- Can links from a directory hurt even if they are nofollow?, WebmasterWorld
- Google still showing older version of site on SERPs! Why?, WebmasterWorld
- New Year, New Strategy: Bidding Strategies, AdWords Community