Here is a recap of what happened in the search forums today, through the eyes of the Search Engine Roundtable and other search forums on the web.
Search Engine Roundtable Stories:
- Google: Content Position & Ad Position Part Of Search Ranking
One change that stood out was that content position on a page is going to be a ranking factor. He said "GoogleBot is getting smarter" and that determining the position of the content on the page, like what is above the fold - will be a factor. He added having a lot of ads in annoying spots can hurt the page.
- Google: 302 Hijacks Have Not Succeed In Years
Yesterday, I was covering a panel on black hat tactics where the solo presenter, Ziv Dascalu, talked about some really dirty tactics. One of those was the use of 302 hijacks. Ziv said, they still work, "if done right...
- Apple Siri & Google Voice: The Future Of Search?
Kevin Kelleher wrote a piece named Yes, Google, Siri is a serious threat that is getting a lot of attention this week. In short...
- AdSense Reporting Delays Expected Today
Today, between 2pm and 4pm EDT there may be reporting delays on Google AdSense consoles...
- Google Chrome Couch
Here is a picture of a Chrome ottoman taken by Will Strohl. The picture was taken in California and posted on Will's Flickr page. Never seen one of these...
Other Great Search Forum Threads:
- Amazon.com, possible blackhat SEO?, Google Webmaster Help
- is Sears.com Gaming the serps?? like JC Penney did last year?, Google Webmaster Help
- Malraux doodle, Google Blogoscoped Forum
- Duplicate Images: Does anyone have duplicate photos showing on their place page, but have only downloaded it once?, Google Places Help
- Facebook "Content" Pages In Serps, WebmasterWorld