Here is a recap of what happened in the search forums today, through the eyes of the Search Engine Roundtable and other search forums on the web.
Search Engine Roundtable Stories:
- Google Maps Grey Pins & Horizontal Maps
Wissam Dandan informed me on Google + that Google is testing horizontal maps on the web search results with gray map pins. The gray map pins have been spotted before, but I have not seen horizontal maps...
- Google's New Location Targeting For AdWords
Google just announced a revamped location targeting interface for AdWords...
- Google Enables Changing Color Of Hover Over Links
Google announced you can now control the color of the link text when a user hovers over that link. You know, when you mouse over a hyperlink, the color of the link on mouse over is now controllable by you, for the AdSense ads...
- Halloween Logos From The Search Engines
Happy Halloween! For the special day, most of the search engines and portals have special logos or themes on their home pages. In fact, Google's logo was carved and filmed at Google and that made up what you see as the Google Logo for Halloween in 2011. Note, one of the pumpkins was 1,298 pounds!
- Costumes From Yahoo Halloween
Hobbes posted a bunch of pictures from Yahoo with Yahoo employees dressed up this Friday for Halloween, he is the group shot that was posted on Flickr.
Other Great Search Forum Threads:
- Yes, Page Speed Matters, Sphinn
- Doodle Franz Liszt birthday, Google Blogoscoped Forum
- 7 SEO Friendly Site Features that Developers Often Miss, Sphinn
- 8 Best Ways to Find Negative PPC Keywords, Sphinn
- Baidu profit up 80 percent, forecasts more growth, WebmasterWorld