Here is a recap of what happened in the search forums today, through the eyes of the Search Engine Roundtable and other search forums on the web.
Search Engine Roundtable Stories:
- Google AdWords Bid To Call: Cost-Per-Phone (CPP)
Google has announced a new option to bid differently for phone calls versus clicks to your web site with Bid To Call charged on a cost-per-phone call (CPP) basis. So if you are willing to pay $5 for a phone call but only $1 for a click to your web site...
- Google - The Intention Engine
A WebmasterWorld thread has a story about an SEO's wife who complained to her husband that the search results on Google are poor. She asked her husband...
- Google's "Definitive" Answer: SEO Is Not Spam
Yesterday, Google released a video with Matt Cutts answering the question Does Google consider SEO to be spam...
- Google Maps Center Algorithm May End You In Another Country
Doc Sheldon's Clinic, a business that operates in San Diego, California, was being reported as operating in Kenya. But why...
- Yahoo Up For Sale Again? Google Potential Buyer?
According to the Wall Street Journal, Google is potentially interested in helping private equity firms buy a stake or all of Yahoo. The article says:
- Sandals For Google & Facebook
Zabeeh Afaque posted a picture of Google & Facebook Sandals on his Flickr page. He calls them Social networking sandals.
Other Great Search Forum Threads:
- Broken Link Building – A Case Study, Sphinn
- Discussion: Automatic content generators?, Sphinn
- All 'free hand' drawn lines have been changed!, Google Maps Help
- From High $XX To $X In A Week? Sorry Google, I'm Done., WebmasterWorld
- Google News Title Shows Date & Time before the actual article title., Google News Help
- Screw the Rules - I Want to Buy Some Links, WebmasterWorld
- The new ChromeWebstore, Google Blogoscoped Forum