Here is a recap of what happened in the search forums today, through the eyes of the Search Engine Roundtable and other search forums on the web.
Search Engine Roundtable Stories:
- Google Makes Minor Panda Update October 13th: Panda 2.5.2
Google has done at least two minor updates to the Panda 2.5 update that I know of. The first was around October 9th or so and now one, confirmed by Google's Matt Cutts...
- Google Webmaster Tools Fails Loading In Some Browsers
There are confirmed reports in the Google Webmaster Help forums that Google Webmaster Tools is not loading in all browsers. Pierre Far of Google confirmed the issues saying: Thanks for the report. We know of an issue affecting how some browsers fail to display the new home page...
- Google Maps Email Notifications For Places Updates
Vanessa from the Google Maps team posted a thread at the Google Places Help forums informing Google Place business holders they may receive emails from Google notifying them that their listings will be updated...
- Google Shutting Google Buzz In Few Weeks
Google's Brad Horowitz announced closures of several Google products, including Google Buzz. He said, "In a few weeks weÃ¢ll shut down Google Buzz and the Buzz API, and focus instead on Google+...
- Google AdSense Ad Styles
Google has now introduced Ad Styles for the 'new' AdSense interface. Ad Styles is a new way of managing the color palettes for your AdSense ads. Google said this is a feature that was "missing from the old AdSense interface" and now you have it on the new interface...
- Google Print Ads For Google Maps
Google is now doing print ads for Google Maps in the UK. This campaign seems to be named "Know before you go." Gary from Google reshared this on Google +.
Other Great Search Forum Threads:
- Bing giving sitelinks for keywords, WebmasterWorld
- Demand Media to writers: we don't need you (as much) anymore, Sphinn
- Google Images "basic version" looks messed up, Google Web Search Help
- Google Third Quarter Results: Revenues Of $9.72 Billion, WebmasterWorld
- How To Take Your Keyword Research To A Higher Level, Sphinn
- Phrase Based Indexing and Semantics, Sphinn
- Studies Show Search Ads Drive 89% Incremental Traffic, WebmasterWorld
- The New MapsGL, Google Maps Help