Here is a recap of what happened in the search forums today, through the eyes of the Search Engine Roundtable and other search forums on the web.
Search Engine Roundtable Stories:
- Every Google Manual Action Impacts Your Site Or Pages On Your Site
For some reason, I was under the impression that there was one manual action that Google sends out to some webmasters that is a warning of something that looks spammy but no negative manual action was taken on the site. I was wrong...
- Give Examples: Is Google Lying To Us?
If any of you read some of the comments left on the stuff I write here, you will see some of the anger and actual hate some webmasters have towards Google and even myself. They think that I am paid by Google to feed you things that they want you to hear and believe all in an effort to set you up and make you all fail.
- Google AdWords Conversion Import Tracks Offline Sales
Last week, when I was offline, Google announced a new AdWords feature that lets you track offline sales triggered by online search ads.
- Weird Google Maps iOS Transit Directions Bug
A Google Maps Help thread has a bug report from two different iOS users with the transit directions in the new Google Maps app. In short...
- On 9/11 Searchers Upset With Google's Small Black Ribbon
On the 12th year of the horrific events of September 11th, the search engines are offering some level of remembrance for those who lost their lives. Google, Bing, Ask.com and others in the search industry have placed ribbons or powerful background images to pay tribute...
- Twitter's Front Desk
Hillel Fuld, while in San Francisco, stopped by Twitter and snapped a picture of its front desk with the Twitter logo on the wood paneling. I like. Figured I'd share it in today's search in pics.
Other Great Search Forum Threads:
- New Text Ad Formats Google AdSense, WebmasterWorld
- +BBC News visited the Googleplex to chat with Ben Gomes,…, Google - Google+
- Twitter Acquires Mobile Ad Exchange, MoPub, WebmasterWorld
- Is Google worth it? Clean the sites up and get hit again., WebmasterWorld
- Not All Url's Disavowed, So Does Google Ignore Them?, HighRankings Forums
- Product Listing Ads - Got questions about pricing,..., AdWords Community