Here is a recap of what happened in the search forums today, through the eyes of the Search Engine Roundtable and other search forums on the web.
Search Engine Roundtable Stories:
- SEO: Harder To Know If Human Error Caused Ranking Issues Vs Algorithms
When it comes to ranking issues in Google, there are two main reasons why your rankings can drop. The first is you made a technical mistake on your own site...
- Traffic Surge After Google Penalties Lifted Screen Shot
We know that in many cases, after a penalty is lifted by Google, your traffic may not improve all that much. Sometimes it might even lead to less traffic than before. But sometimes...
- No Google! I Said I Want This!
Google highlighted a Google voice search feature on Google+ the other day, which demonstrates how you can correct mistakes when Google doesn't understand what you are saying. In the demonstration...
- Google Maps Measure Distance Drawing Tool
Google brought back a fun feature in Google Maps that was not yet available in the new version of Google Maps - the ability to draw lines on Google Maps and figure out the distance of that drawing on the map. Here is how it works: Open the new Google Maps. Right-click on your starting...
- Android Inflatable Robot
Daniel Waisberg from the Google Analytics team posted a picture of a new toy he has, which is an Android radio controlled inflatable robot. I would love to see a video of it in action, but all I got
Other Great Search Forum Threads:
- Bing showing noting for search traffic in the last 10 days, WebmasterWorld
- It's War Out There !, Cre8asite Forums
- Report: Firefox Browser Market Share Show Steep Declines, WebmasterWorld
- Tip of the Week: Compare PageSpeed scores from Google Analytics Posted by…, Google+ - Google Analytics