Here is a recap of what happened in the search forums today, through the eyes of the Search Engine Roundtable and other search forums on the web.
Search Engine Roundtable Stories:
- AdWords Sunsetting Multi-Point Location Targeting
Search Engine Journal reports that Google AdWords is dropping the custom shapes...
- Google +1 Showing Raw Counts In Search Results
Yesterday, Search Engine Watch noticed Google displaying the Google +1 raw counts in the search results when you were signed out of Google. Prior, Google only showed the +1 counts in the search results of people within you Google social network...
- Sorry Facebook, Google Beat You To One Billion Visitors
The Wall Street Journal broke the news based off of comScore data that Google reached over one billion visitors for the month of May. This is a huge number, a number Facebook was expected to reach first but did not...
- YouTube Search Keywords Being Crossed Out
In some cases, when you conduct a search at the world's second largest search engine, YouTube, the results may be crossed out. Here are some pictures...
- Yahoo Gay Pride Month Event
A picture from Michael Turner shows off a poster around a car blockade that shows Yahoo is celebrating Gay Pride Month. The picture was taken yesterday.
Other Great Search Forum Threads:
- Discussion: How Much Do You Teach Your Kids About SEO/Social Media?, Sphinn
- What Potential Impact Can HTML5 Have on SEO?, Sphinn
- Foursquare Plans Check-in Discount Scheme With Amex, WebmasterWorld
- Google Rolling out 1 to other domains, Google Blogoscoped Forum
- MOZ.org Sold - Gee, That Parking Page Icon Looks Familiar, WebmasterWorld
- Welcome to the Google Boost Category!, Google Places for business Help