Here is a recap of what happened in the search forums today, through the eyes of the Search Engine Roundtable and other search forums on the web.
Search Engine Roundtable Stories:
- Video Recap of Weekly Search Buzz :: June 20, 2014
Lots of topics to cover this week, starting with the trouble Microsoft got in over a sponsored post campaign for Internet Explorer. I think Bing and Google should take some sort of action, especially Bing. Bing is testing Catapult...
- Video: Matt Cutts Interview At SMX Advanced On Payday Loan, Reconsideration Requests & Metafilter
Here is the video from last week's SMX Advanced last week with Matt Cutts and Danny Sullivan...
- Google Working On Super Secret hreflang Webmaster Feature
Google seems to be working up a new webmaster feature around rel-alternate-hreflang. rel-alternate-hreflang is the attribute to communicate to Google if there are alternative language based web pages for the specific web page the attribute is placed on...
- Google Shopping Products Feeds Update
Google announced that they've updated the Google Shopping Products feed specification. This update gives merchants and advertisers more refinements and options when specifying their product data in their feed...
- Bing Ads Bid Landscape Tool Support Ad Groups
Bing announced they have expanded the Bid Landscape Tool to support not just keywords but also ad groups. The new feature has launched in the US currently but will be expanded worldwide in the near future...
- Troll Ave
There are some Googlers I really get a kick out of following on Google+. The more geeky they are, the more I enjoy (in a good way). Colin McMillen, who I think came over to Google with the reCAPTCHA
Other Great Search Forum Threads:
- What Is An SEO?, Cre8asite Forums
- When you look up your favorite rock band or R&B diva on Google, you probably…, Google+ - Google
- April fools Pokémon master rewards deadline missed, Google Maps Help
- Our doodle in Israel marks the 60th birthday of Israeli astronaut Ilan Ramon.…, Google+