Lots of topics to cover this week, starting with the trouble Microsoft got in over a sponsored post campaign for Internet Explorer. I think Bing and Google should take some sort of action, especially Bing. Bing is testing Catapult, hardware that makes Bing twice as fast. Google’s Matt Cutts said Payday rolled out but I don’t see signs of it. We have screen shots of Google’s new rejection notices for reconsideration requests. We also posted the hour long video of the interview of Google’s Matt Cutts by Danny Sullivan. Google said penalized sites do not get crawled less often. Google does send out manual actions over spammy 302 redirected links. Google does warn about using noscript tag and your content. Google is working on a new hreflang feature, if you want to test it out. Yandex stripped out all the search query data in a weird way. Bing Ads added ad group support to the bid landscape tool. Bing Ads is discontinuing Bing Ads Express. A Google study shows how search ads improved brand awareness. Google is updating their shopping feeds specification. Do you need water pistols to get Google support? Twitter launched animated GIF support! That was this week in search at the Search Engine Roundtable.
For the original iTunes version, click here.
Search Topics of Discussion:
- Internet Explorer Doing Sponsored Posts: Bing & Google To Dish Out Penalties?
- Bing Catapult Is Like Google's Caffeine Update
- Google's Matt Cutts Said Pay Day Loan Algorithm Rolled Out But Did It?
- Google's New Reconsideration Requests With A Note From Your Reviewer
- Video: Matt Cutts Interview At SMX Advanced On Payday Loan, Reconsideration Requests & Metafilter
- Google: Penalized Sites Don't Get Crawled Less Often
- Google Manual Action Over 302 Redirected Links
- Does Google Automatically Flag Sites Using The noscript Tag?
- Google Working On Super Secret hreflang Webmaster Feature
- Yandex Strips Search Query Data, Goes 100% Not Provided
- Bing Ads Bid Landscape Tool Support Ad Groups
- Bing Ads Express Discontinued
- Google Study: Search Ads Improve Top-Of-Mind Awareness
- Google Shopping Products Feeds Update
- Webmaster: Contacting Google Is Harder Than Storming The Pentagon With A Water Pistol
- What Matt Cutts Thinks About Twitter Adding Animated GIF Support