Here is a recap of what happened in the search forums today, through the eyes of the Search Engine Roundtable and other search forums on the web.
Search Engine Roundtable Stories:
- Google Language Change: Content That Get's Used & Shared, Not Linked To.
As I reported yesterday at Search Engine Land with Google Changes Ranking Advice, Says Build Quality Sites Not Links - Google made a change to their messaging on the ranking article help document. This was first spotted by @Baeumlisberger and it is an important change...
- I Want To Delete My Discussion Forum: Should I 404 It?
In December 2005, about 7.5 years ago, I started a forum on this site. Truth is, today, I barely spend time there. I make it incredibly hard to sign up...
- Google's Matt Cutts Says DuckDuckGo Maybe Not So Private?
Matt Cutts, Google's head of search spam, has a history of defending Google and pointing out misconceptions their competitor, DuckDuckGo, may insinuate on Hacker News. He did so when talking about DuckDuckGo & robots.txt directives and he did so when talking about filter bubbles...
- Google Health Related Search Results, Can You Find Them?
I am sure my readers will have a field day with this screen shot. Search for [treatment for ibs] and take a look at the search results. By default you will see 3 ads on the top...
- Official Google AdSense Score Card
Google announced a new feature within the AdSense console to help you compare your performance against other Google AdSense publishers, named the AdSense Score Card...
- Google Pinwheels For Nooglers
Nooglers, new Googlers, always get some type of welcoming gift on their first day. I believe back in the older days it was ballons, cakes, and of course the hat. But they may have "upgraded" and now
Other Great Search Forum Threads:
- Amazon Cancels All Affiliate Accounts in Minnesota, WebmasterWorld
- Google Analytics Now Breaks Down The Separation Between Clicks and Impressions, WebmasterWorld
- Google is now seriously after *pure* spam in search, Threadwatch.org
- See the impact of unclicked display & video ad impressions…, Google Analytics - Google+
- A Resurgence of Interest For Independent Search Engines, WebmasterWorld
- Charge a client a percentage of the sales you get them?, blackhatworld.com
- Factors Makes On Page Optimization Better, HighRankings Forums
- Impressed with google's soft 404 detection, WebmasterWorld
- Is W3C compliance taken into account?, WebmasterWorld
- Loving My Job Today, HighRankings Forums