Here is a recap of what happened in the search forums today, through the eyes of the Search Engine Roundtable and other search forums on the web.
Search Engine Roundtable Stories:
- June 16th Google Update? I Doubt It
I've been seeing some small reports, not at normal major scales where I would be convinced fully, of a Google update brewing. I do doubt this was Panda or Penguin refreshes but you never know. The last Panda refresh was on June 11th or so and the last Penguin refresh was on May 25th. Google typically does these refreshes every 6 weeks or so but can do minor refreshes when they think they have to.
- Bing Explains Their SEO Reports & SEO Analyzer
Bing has a blog post explaining their new SEO reports and SEO Analyzer. Yes, when Bing reintroduced and improved Yahoo Site Explorer in the new Bing Webmaster Tools Link Explorer they released a whole set of features that may have gone unnoticed...
- Google Map Maker Up To 190 Countries & Counting
This morning Google announced they have expanded where Google Map Maker is supported by adding an additional 8 countries bring the total to 190 countries...
- Google Definitions Rap Video
Jessica Schwartz, no relation to me, from Google posted a thread at Google Web Search Help with a link to a new video Google made on how to use Google to find definitions. She said the video was made by her teammates...
- New Chrome Pillows
Louis Gray must be the Googler in charge of all new shwag because he is always the first to post pictures of new Google shwag that I have yet to see. This time, he posted a picture of Chrome Pillows.
Other Great Search Forum Threads:
- Fear, Uncertainty, Doubt - Why Google Penalises Paid Links, WebmasterWorld
- eric schmidt in israel, Google Blogoscoped Forum
- Facebook Pays $10 Million To Charity To Settle Lawsuit Out of Court, WebmasterWorld
- MS releases own tablet "surface" for win 8, WebmasterWorld
- No Allow in Robots.txt, WebmasterWorld
- Thrilled to announce our partnership with Flipboard! We've…, Bradley Horowitz - Google+
- You know you've hit it big when your team gets Conan's…, Brian Fitzpatrick - Google+