Here is a recap of what happened in the search forums today, through the eyes of the Search Engine Roundtable and other search forums on the web.
Search Engine Roundtable Stories:
- Beware Of Canonical Redirect Hacking
A year and a half ago Google began supporting the cross domain canonical tag and some people were concerned there would be ways to abuse the system. Well, even Google was concerned...
- Google Panda Kick Online Forums?
Since the release of Panda there have been some discussion forums and heavy user generated content sites saying they were severely impacted by this update. Personally, I doubt this update was designed to look at forums in particular...
- Google AdWords Now With Domains In Titles
Ten days ago, I received a tip from a reader that Google was testing domain names in the title of the AdWords ads. We posted the tip at Search Engine Land and then it went quiet...
- Google News Settings For Blogs & Press Releases, Plus Auto-Reload
Google News has added a few new settings and options for users. If you go to your Google News Settings you will see the ability to control how often you see blogs sources and press releases in your Google News results...
- Raw Android Hardware
Here is a picture from Google I/O which appears to be raw hardware that runs Android. It might be part of Google's Android Developer Kit. But as you can see this hardware has Google Android on it.
Other Great Search Forum Threads:
- Doodle Mikhail Bulgakov, Google Blogoscoped Forum
- Stats reporting may be delayed on Saturday, May 14, Google AdSense Help
- Why are you advertising the homosexual ad "it gets better"??? What does this mean, I stop using Google everything? for, Google Web Search Help
- WMT 'links to your site' disappeared, WebmasterWorld