Here is a recap of what happened in the search forums today, through the eyes of the Search Engine Roundtable and other search forums on the web.
Search Engine Roundtable Stories:
- Google Drops Amazon's Rich Snippets From Search Results
Gabs at Cre8asite Forums noticed that just recently, Amazon has lost their rich snippets in the Google search results. About a year ago, Amazon had rich snippets even without them adding the rich snippet markups for product reviews...
- Matt Cutts: Google May Treat The Same Subdirectories As Unique
Someone asked Matt Cutts, Google's head of spam, on Twitter if Google would treat the same subdirectory as different pages if the URLs are slightly off. The example give were: http://domain.com/dir http://domain.com/dir/ http://domain.com/dir...
- Google AdWords MCC Scripts
- Google Maps App Update Adds Uber, Offline Maps, Lane Navigation & More
Google announced they made a bunch of updates to both the iOS and Android version of the Google Maps apps. The major changes include adding integration with Uber, the ability to download offline maps, lane by lane navigation help, more local search filters...
- NYC Subway Ads For YouTube
The popular CUNY professor, author and speaker, Jeff Jarvis, was on the NYC subway the other day and spotted ads from Google's YouTube. Jeff said, "Wow. YouTube is advertising its stars not only on t
Other Great Search Forum Threads:
- Exciting news! Adometry is joining Google, where they will…, Google Analytics - Google+
- New Google/Ipsos MediaCT/Purchased research on U.S.…, Google Ads - Google+
- The survey found that 88 percent of smartphone users and 84…, Greg Sterling - Google+
- We’ve Got You Covered with Our New Guide to Keywords The…, Google Ads - Google+
- What Does "Branding" Actually Mean?, WebmasterWorld
- Alibaba Files IPO in the U.S., WebmasterWorld
- Tip of the week: Get started with Analytics using our…, Google Analytics - Google+