Here is a recap of what happened in the search forums today, through the eyes of the Search Engine Roundtable and other search forums on the web.
Search Engine Roundtable Stories:
- Google My Business Adds Bulk Download Insights Analytics
Google Insights within Google My Business is the analytics tool that shows business owners how much action their Google Maps/Local listing is getting...
- WSJ: Google Chrome To Add Ad Blocker By Default
The Wall Street Journal reported last night that within a few weeks, Google may add an ad blocker to Chrome and turn it on by default. Here...
- Fixed: Fetch As Google & Google Submit URL Form
Over the past day or so, there have been tons of complaints on Twitter and the Google Webmaster Help forums, too many to link to, saying the ability to fetch as Google and then submit the URL to the index was not working...
- Google Tests Suggested Clip Videos In Search Results
It is now way more common to see text based featured snippets for "how to" style queries than video results then it was a couple years ago. But sometimes you can still trigger video results for how to like queries...
- Bing Ads Editor Now With Reviews Extension Support
Bing announced yesterday that the Bing Ads Editor now supports managing your reviews extensions. Each campaign and ad group can have up to 20 review extensions associated with them...
- The Google Crayon Graph Has "New Index" Marker
John Mueller of Google shared a photo of what is called the Crayon Graph, which is located in the visitor center and is a handwritten piece of Google history that displays the volume of search quer
Other Great Search Forum Threads:
- Google Cloud Speech API Out of Beta and Now Generally Available, WebmasterWorld
- Yahoo's Q1 Revenue 26pct increase to $1.37 billion, WebmasterWorld
- Accepting terms and conditions broken, The Google Advertiser Community
- This is not a test: Google Optimize now available — for everyone 45% of small..., Google+ - Google Analytics
- This week a real Challenge: Can you figure out how to make a simple interacti..., Google+ - Dan Russell