Here is a recap of what happened in the search forums today, through the eyes of the Search Engine Roundtable and other search forums on the web.
Search Engine Roundtable Stories:
- Video Recap of Weekly Search Buzz :: April 19, 2013
Interesting week in the world, with the Boston bombing and the stuff going on this morning. I did my best to do the search...
- Google: Disavow Links Even If Removed As A Best Practice
A Google Webmaster Help thread has Google's John Mueller implying that it may be "good practice" to list the sites and URLs in your disavow file even if they links were removed and especially if you simply requested the webmaster to remove them...
- Google To Require Publishers To Agree To New AdSense Terms & Conditions
Google announced they have updated the Google AdSense terms and conditions. Google did not link to the terms and conditions that are being updated but did pull out the two major changes to the legal agreement...
- Google AdSense Message Indicator Showing One For Some Publishers
A Google AdSense Help thread has some AdSense publishers acting concerned over noticing a message indicator showing one unread message but when they click through...
- Google's Paid Clicks Up 20% But CPC Prices Fall 4% In Q1 Earnings Report
Google announced earnings last night and reported revenues of $14 billion and profits of about $3.5 billion for their first quarter of 2013. The key highlights for search marketers are on paid clicks and cost-per-click...
- GooglePlex Gets Google Fiber Van
Googler, Michael Wyszomierski aka Wysz, took a picture of the Google Fiber Van on display at the GooglePlex yesterday. As you know, Google Fiber is expanding, so this is a way to make note of that.
Other Great Search Forum Threads:
- Microsoft Third Quarter Results: Revenues of $20.49 Billion, WebmasterWorld
- Modifying Old Brand Logo in Google's Knowledge Graph, Google Webmaster Help