Here is a recap of what happened in the search forums today, through the eyes of the Search Engine Roundtable and other search forums on the web.
Search Engine Roundtable Stories:
- Google's Targeted Penalty Webmaster Tools Notification
A WebmasterWorld thread has a webmaster sharing a notification message he received via Google Webmaster Tool. The interesting part is that this notification is very specific that although the site has a penalty...
- Google's "Big Memory" On 404 Pages
A Google Webmaster Help thread brings up a common question I see from webmasters...
- Google: Be Careful Hiring An SEO To Manage Your Google Maps Listing
Jade Wang from the Google Maps Quality Team posted a thread in the Google Business Help forums with safety tips on how to protect your Google Maps listing for accuracy and ranking purposes...
- Google 27 EU Locations Add Cookie Law Notice
As I reported yesterday at Search Engine Land via @chrisains, Google is now showing a cookie notice on the 27 localized versions of Google in the European Union...
- The Google Non-Profit Knowledge Graph
It seems like Google has released a new form of their knowledge graph, one that shows non-profit information when you search for non-profit organizations. It seems like the non-profit needs to have a Google+ page but once you have that...
- That's Not Google's Brin On NYC Subway With Glass
Remember that picture of Google's co-founder, Sergey Brin on a New York City subway wearing grungy clothing with his prototype Google Glass worth $1,500 or more? Well, one of his employees thought it
Other Great Search Forum Threads:
- Facebook Rolls Out New Open Graph Tools For Developers, WebmasterWorld
- I think +Amit Singhal's Twitter account got hacked, Pedro Dias - Google+
- AdSense customization for everyone, WebmasterWorld
- Enhanced Campaigns: Location Targeting & Ad Extens..., AdWords Community
- Should A Firm Go In For Facebook Page Or Facebook Individual Profile?, HighRankings Forums