Here is a recap of what happened in the search forums today, through the eyes of the Search Engine Roundtable and other search forums on the web.
Search Engine Roundtable Stories:
- What Are The Most Overrated SEO Tips?
Matt McGee posted a nice discussion at Sphinn asking what are the most overrated SEO techniques you know of. This comes after the most underused SEO techniques...
- Confirmed: Google AdSense Ads User Interface Tests
Yesterday a Google AdSense publisher posted a thread at WebmasterWorld complaining that his AdSense ads are appearing in different ad style variations. Shortly after he posted his complaint...
- SEO Firm To Pay $770,000 For Client Selling Counterfeit Goods
The Internet Retailer magazine reports Court holds SEO firm responsible for online sales of counterfeit golf clubs. An SEO firm was ordered to pay $770,750 in statutory damages because his client sold counterfeit golf clubs. The client was only ordered to pay $28...
- AdWords Email Verifications Are Not Phishing Attempts
A WebmasterWorld thread had some Google AdWords advertisers being very suspicious over a recent email they received from Google. The email was about verifying your billing email account and some other information...
- Where Are Google & Yahoo's St. Patrick's Day Logos?
Today is St. Patrick's Day and for the first time that I can remember, Google and Yahoo are missing special logos on their main US sites. Google and Yahoo have always had special logos for the day...
- Meet The Yahoo Bowlers
A picture of what appears to be the Yahoo bowling team. These bowlers are dressed in purple and yellow and stand behind the Yahoo Battle Bowlers sign.
Other Great Search Forum Threads:
- A Model For Link Building: Beyond “Great Content”, Sphinn
- Beat That Quote, Car insurance Aggregator!, Sphinn
- Doodle 150° anniversario dell'Unità d'Italia, Google Blogoscoped Forum
- Doodle Sayed Darwish, Google Blogoscoped Forum
- Liability Protection for site/adsense, WebmasterWorld
- Please Stop The Arbitrage, Microsoft Advertising Community