Here is a recap of what happened in the search forums today, through the eyes of the Search Engine Roundtable and other search forums on the web.
Search Engine Roundtable Stories:
- Video Recap of Weekly Search Buzz :: March 14, 2014
Busy week in search, a lot of news coming out of SMX West, I just landed a couple hours ago - so excuse the tired look. Googleâs Matt Cutts announced...
- Google's Matt Cutts: New Softer Panda Update Coming Soon
At SMX West Matt Cutts of Google announced they are actively working on the "next generation" Panda update that will "soften" the algorithm. Matt specifically said this is aimed at helping small businesses that may be impacted by the Panda algorithm...
- Yandex Dropped Link Factors From Their Search Ranking Algorithm
Back in December, Yandex announced they will be dropping link factors from part of their search ranking algorithm. They made that decision because the links were being abused so much that it ruined the overall relevancy of the search results...
- I Got In A Fight With My AdWords Rep & Google Dropped My Organic Rankings
Here is a fun story at the Google Webmaster Help of a webmaster who said his rankings dropped the day after he got in a fight with his AdWords representative. As you may know, Google has said time and time again...
- Google's Matt Cutts Wants To Give Ranking Boost To SSL Sites
At SMX West Matt Cutts gave the attendees a few tidbits, one of those items was that making your site secure, encrypted, i.e. SSL enabled, is an important trend for 2014. At the end of the session...
- Yelp Results Now In Yahoo's Local Search Results
Yelp and Yahoo have partnered to show Yelp local content within Yahoo Search results. Specifically, when you search Yahoo for local US businesses, you may see Yelp's rich reviews, ratings, photos and business information directly in the Yahoo results...
- Googlebot Is Growing Up
Google Webmasters Twitter account posted a funny picture of a picture of GoogleBot in 1998 compared to a picture of GoogleBot today in 2014. As you can see, night and day. Google said "Check out how
Other Great Search Forum Threads:
- 50% of links brand name, rest a variety of 30-40 kws/variations, WebmasterWorld
- Dynamic Remarketing: Now Powered by Google Analytics Today,…, Google Ads - Google+
- Secure pages (https) overtaking search results, WebmasterWorld