Here is a recap of what happened in the search forums today, through the eyes of the Search Engine Roundtable and other search forums on the web.
Search Engine Roundtable Stories:
- Google: Do Not To Worry About Unique IP Addresses Or C-Blocks
You often see SEOs or hosting companies recommending you get your own IP address and keep your web sites separate across different IP blocks, this way you don't fall in with a bad neighborhood. Truth is...
- Google: We Pick Shorter URLs For Canonicalization
Google's John Mueller answered a question in the Google Hangout at the 19 minute mark about is it better to go with short or long URLs. We know Google said don't go over 2,000 characters in your URL and we know Google may try to shorten your URLs over time...
- Google: Links In Footers Or Sitewides Are Not Given That Much Weight
This week, we had two different Googlers answer questions about link placement on a web page and how it differs having links in your main body content versus links in your footer, header, boilerplate content...
- Google: Title Tags Are A Ranking Factor But Is It A Critical Factor?
Last week, I upset some people by the words I used in my headline of my story which read Google: Title Tags Are Not A Critical Ranking Signal. Truth is...
- Google AdWords Adds Custom Formulas Support To Custom Columns
Google AdWords quietly announced on Google+ that the custom columns now let you do custom formulas in those columns. This means you can add computations like addition...
- Google Top Contributor Summit Swag Bag
Back in October, Google held their Top Contributor Summit for volunteers that help Google users with Google services and products for free. So they come together at the GooglePlex and have a fun retr
Other Great Search Forum Threads:
- Adwords Editor 11 on Mac - Unable to move ad groups, The Google Advertiser Community
- Apple Reports Q1 Results: Record Profit $18.4 billion, WebmasterWorld
- Ensuring the integrity of our ads, The Google Advertiser Community
- Google's (AMP) Accelerated Mobile Pages - What's It All About, WebmasterWorld