Here is a recap of what happened in the search forums today, through the eyes of the Search Engine Roundtable and other search forums on the web.
Search Engine Roundtable Stories:
- The Art of Writing Optimized Content
Search Engine Optimization requires the inclusion of popular (highly searched) or profitable (highly searched just before buying) words into headlines, copy, and other page elements. Note that I wrote "inclusion" and not "insertion...
- Google: Empty Pages Are Duplicate Content Issues
I am sure you have run across a web page that returns nothingness in the past. Yes, a page with no content, no navigation, just a blank white page. This may be the result of a server issue...
- Google's Oil Painting For Paul Cezanne's Birthday
Here is a picture of the recreation of the Google oil painting for Paul Cezanne's 172nd birthday. The full story is at seroundtable.com.
- AdSense Category Filtering: Now You See It & Now You Don't
In April 2009, Google introduced category filtering for some AdSense publishers. They expanded it a bit in November and has slowly been giving publishers access to the ad filtering option...
- Google Brings Back AdSenseAdvisor To WebmasterWorld
AdSenseAdvisor has been part of WebmasterWorld since 2003. Google has likely replaced the individual who replies to posts under that account a few times since the account was created. And Google has done so again...
- Paul CÚzanne's 172nd Birthday : Story Behind Google's Doodle
If you go to Google today on pretty much all the versions, Google.com or a localized version of Google, you will find a special Google logo, also known as a Google Doodle...
Other Great Search Forum Threads:
- Getting a grip on social signals in search, Sphinn
- SearchFest 2011 Interview: Mike Blumenthal, Sphinn
- Bing Terminates Relationship With Publisher Doing Tricky Home Page Switch, Sphinn
- Making claims in ads, WebmasterWorld
- Managed Placements reporting service not showing all managed placements, AdWords API Forum
- SEO Mistakes That Just Make You Look Dumb, Sphinn
- The Dawn of Paid Search Without Keywords, Sphinn