September and early October was one crazy month for SEOs and Webmasters as it related to Google search.
It started with our report on the Google EMD update and continued when we learned about an algorithm update to Panda. We also had an image update and then a confirmed Penguin refresh - so it has been a pretty busy end of September and early October.
Here is a chart to show the recent changes & updates:
Of course, I cannot forget to mention Google celebrated their 14th birthday this past month.
In any event, here are the more important topics we covered in the past month or so, as it relates to Google webmaster activity:
- Google Released 3rd Penguin Update: Not Jarring Or Jolting
- 20th Google Panda Algorithm Update: Fairly Major
- Cutts: Google Launched Another Update During The EMD Update (i.e. Panda 20)
- Google EMD Update: Exact Match Domains No Longer Rank As Well
- Google Image Search Ranking Update
- Google Rolls Out Panda 3.9.2 Refresh
- Google's 65 Search Updates For Aug & Sep Is Missing Updates
- Google Update Still Brewing: Penguin? Panda?
- What's New & Important With Google's New Webmaster Guidelines
- Google: A Manual Penalty Might Not Result In Major Ranking Decline
- Google: No Impact On Ranking Based On Linkage Of Google Profile
- Google Updates Structured Data Testing Tool (Formerly Rich Snippets)
- Google Author Benefits: Extra Links, More Visibility & Easy
- Google's Internationalization SEO FAQ
- Did You Submit Multiple Google Reconsideration Requests?
- Can't Remove Bad Links? Last Resort, 404 The Web Page
- The Meta Keywords Tag Is Back, At Least For Google News
Last month's report is at the September 2012 Google Webmaster Report.
Forum discussion at WebmasterWorld.
Note: This story was scheduled to be posted on this day, but was written earlier.