Hope you had a nice Labor Day weekend because it seems like Google was pretty busy over the weekend. There is a lot of chatter at WebmasterWorld over shifts and changes in the search results for some specific niches, despite Google saying they do not like to do updates over the weekend.
The thread has several SEOs and webmasters saying there were ranking changes and search results fluctuations. Some are saying that negative SEO is more visible and concerning now than ever before. Others are saying YouTube is dominating the financial niche in Google's search results. Finally, whatever unconfirmed update we reported on last week and have yet to hear back from Google on, SEOs are saying it has reversed itself.
Here is a summary, categorized, of the past 30 days or so on Google webmaster related topics:
Google Updates & Rumors:
- Confirmed: Google Panda 3.9.1 Update
- Google Algorithm Update On August 28th?
- A Google Ranking Shuffle On August 16th?
- Google's Cutts: The Next Penguin Update Will Be Big
Google Search User Interface:
- DMCA Takedowns The Latest Google Search Quality Penalty
- Are DMCA Requests Up After Google's Algorithm Announcement? Nope.
- Google's Cutts Say Penguin Is About Links?
Google SEO Topics:
- Cutts & Mueller On PageRank Penalties & Selling Links
- Google's Cutts: We Don't Use Chrome Data For Search Quality
- Patent: Google Faking Search Results To Trick SEOs?
- Google Treats Subdomains As Internal To The Domain In Webmaster Tools
- Google: A/B Testing? Don't Cloak, Use 302s & Use Rel Canonicals
- Google: Do Not Force Users To A Specific Language
Google Webmaster Tools & Snippets:
- Google Webmaster Tools Adds Search Query Notifications
- Detailed Site Error Reports In Google Webmaster Tools
- Google Shuns Prayer Times Rich Snippet
- Google Search Quality Updates Returns
For last month's report, see over here.
Forum discussion at WebmasterWorld.